ROOFING CONTRACTORS | LAKE OSWEGO, OR
Expert Roofing Contractor for Lake Oswego, OR
Pacific West Roofing has been providing residential and commercial roofing services to Lake Oswego and surrounding areas since 1980. But our roots in Lake Oswego are even deeper as Stan and Brian are Lake Oswego High School Graduates – Class of 1977—who spent a lot of time hanging out at Shakey’s Pizza and the A&W Drive-In. With that history, we may be biased, but we think Lake Oswego has some of the most beautiful homes in Oregon and are proud to say we’ve put the roofs on a number of them.
Our customers in Lake Oswego and beyond appreciate the care we give their homes and businesses, whether we’re putting on a new roof, repairing an existing one, or simply providing our thorough maintenance services. When you work with us, we consider you part of the team and make sure you are given all the options and kept informed through every step of our roof care process.
Complete Roofing Services
Pacific West Roofing offers a full array of roofing services that include:
- Composition Roof Replacement: We are both a CertainTeed and a Malarkey Roofing Shamrock certified roofing company and are big fans of SBS modified asphalt shingles which are durable and wind and impact resistant, plus made from upcycled rubber and plastics.
- Metal Roof Replacement: We are experienced with metal roofs that once installed can last 35 or 45 years and provide a Class A Fire Rating and well as lower energy costs.
- Flat Roof Replacement: We have installed both modified bitumen and PVC roofing for commercial and residential projects. Both are highly durable, waterproof, low maintenance, and long-lasting.
- Shake Roof Replacement: The natural Northwest aesthetic of cedar shake has appealed to many of our clients and we like that shake roofs that are properly installed and maintained are more durable than traditional asphalt shingles.
- Roof Repair: Whether a tree has fallen on your house, or you’ve just noticed some loose shingles flapping on your roof, Pacific West Roofing has experience repairing whatever damage your roof has sustained.
- Roof Maintenance and Gutter Cleaning: As professional roofing contractors, we have seen first-hand the effects of a neglected roof so we take annual maintenance very seriously. We evaluate the roof’s condition, remove debris and moss from the roof and gutters, repair flashing and seal/re-seal roof penetrations, and we address nail pops and loose shingles.
- Regular inspections and maintenance: Our annual walk around the roof of your home or business allows us to identify and prevent any potential problems long before those little issues turn into leaks.
- Roof Ventilation Systems: We are experts when it comes to ventilation which is a critical part of your roof structure ensuring optimal temperature and humidity levels. We take your ventilation seriously so you stay comfortable any time of year.
We didn’t build our expertise overnight. Pacific West Roofing started with an idea by high school friends Brian and Stan. The pair wanted to start a business together and began by taking on small jobs. Their big break came when Stan’s neighbor asked them to put a new shake roof on a very nice and very visible house. That first job was the spark that ignited the formation of Pacific West Roofing.
The success of Pacific West Roofing comes from our simple mission to show up with integrity every day and to tell people the bold truth about what they need and what they can expect from us. This has served us well over the past 40-plus years and we have a trail of repeat and satisfied customers, more than 35,000 and counting, to show for it, along with some beautifully roofed buildings!
If you’re ready to work side by side with a roofing company that believes customers are our partners in each project and attention to detail is paramount, give us a call. And don’t just take our word for it. Take a look at what our clients think of us.
5 Star Rating from Spring Creek Condos:
Our condominium complex has used Pacific West Roofing to replace many roofs over the past several years. The quality of their work cannot be surpassed. The crews are always extremely professional, accommodating, and courteous and the customer service of the entire company is a top priority that shows in all of their actions. Stan, the owner, is fantastic – always willing to take the time to explain exactly what is to be done and always up to meeting with owners to answer any questions on upcoming work. This is an excellent company – the very best you could find to do any roofing work you need to be done.
No matter what your roofing needs are, we start any job with a complete evaluation of your roof, taking note of any loose shingles, cracked flashing, or any other damages or potential problems. Along the way, we’ll clear off debris so we get an unobstructed view of what lies beneath.
We’ll discuss our findings with you and recommend any needed repairs, or in some cases the need for a roof replacement. Since we know the idea of installing a new roof may seem daunting to many of our customers, we consider all alternatives and share potential solutions, as well as how your roof lifespan will be impacted by your choices.
If repairs are needed, we’ll schedule a time to come to get to work, show up on time, ensure our crews are using the best safety protocols, and put our skills to work to address the problem. And if a new roof is needed, rest assured we use only the highest quality materials and offer superior warranties so you can be confident as we set to work.
Our first job is to remove your old shingles. When we remove all of the old shingles we can really take a good look at critical junctions and can identify any structural issues before they become big problems down the road.
With old shingles removed, the roofing contractors will address flashing. If the flashing is old or damaged it will be replaced. Next, the metal drip edge is nailed flat to the lower part of the roof to provide added water resistance. With flashing and edging in place, the roofer will begin placing the underlayment along the edge of the roof over the drip edge.
New shingles can now be installed. Rows of shingles are staggered and nailed in place with the nails placed just under the tar strip on the shingle so no heads will be showing and staggering helps prevent water from seeping in.
Whether we do repairs, maintenance, or install a new roof in Lake Oswego, our crews are extra careful to clean away anything we’ve left behind so all you see is a beautiful roof.
A roof’s lifespan is tied to how well the roof shingles are installed and maintained, which is where Pacific West Roofing contractors come in. Our goal is to ensure the home’s roof installation or roof repair is done properly and then we encourage you to set up a regular roof inspection and maintenance to catch any problems, well before they become costly headaches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long does a typical roof installation take?
A: The duration of a roof installation depends on the size of your roof and the complexity of the project. Our experienced team will provide you with an estimated timeline during the initial consultation.
Q: How often should I have my roof inspected?
A: We recommend having your Lake Oswego home’s roof inspected at least once a year, especially after extreme weather events like heavy rains or storms.
Q: How much does a yearly inspection cost?
A: As with most of our services there is much variation in cost based on size, slope, composition, access to, and many other factors of your roof. We’re happy to provide estimates.
Q: Do you offer financing options?
A: Yes, we offer financing options to help make our services more affordable for our clients.
Q: What kind of roofing materials do you work with?
A: We work with a variety of roofing materials, including asphalt shingles, metal roofing, tile roofing, and more. Our team will help you select the best material for your specific needs and budget.
Benefits of Choosing PWRF
There are many reasons to consider Pacific West Roofing for your next roofing job. Our Lake Oswego installers, inspectors, and technicians are well-trained, experienced residential and commercial roofing professionals who follow roofing industry best practices and employ all standard safety precautions during every job. We stay current on our practices as long-standing members and board members of the Western States Roofing Contractors Association and our local Associated Roofing Contractor of Oregon and SW Washington group.
At Pacific West Roofing we have more than forty-two years of roofing experience working with businesses and homeowners around the Lake Oswego, Oregon area. If it’s been a while since your roof was inspected, or if you are seeing any problems, contact us today.