Premier Ventilation Systems
Commercial Ventilation Systems
At Pacific West Roofing, we make sure that you have the best possible roof for your business. A large part of ensuring that your roof has a long and low-maintenance lifespan is installing proper roofing ventilation. When installed correctly, solid roofing ventilation can help regulate the temperature and humidity of your building. Maintaining adequate ventilation to allow normal humidity and temperature levels will promote a greater useful life and performance of your roof and the structural sheeting.
Ensuring the proper installation and maintenance of commercial ventilation systems for your commercial building could potentially save your business thousands of dollars in preventative care. Some of the greatest immediate benefits from good preventative practices are:
- Reduction, elimination, and prevention of mold and mildew which, without proper care, can start causing damage to your building within 1 year.
- The improved integrity of your roof materials. Moderating temperatures by proper ventilation can help protect your home from hot and cold contractions called thermal cycling.
Meanwhile, buildings with proper ventilation may also experience long-term benefits such as:
- The prolonged useful life of your roof covering materials themselves.
- Reduced energy use from natural temperature moderation.
- Humidity moderation can drastically improve the preservation of your building’s insulation.
If you are not completely convinced of the importance of proper roofing ventilation, improper roofing ventilation practice, and maintenance could lead to:
- Mold growth on the underside of the roof sheeting from inadequately vented moisture.
- Ice dams (in winter months, leads to roof leaks and broken shingles).
- Increased energy expenses from lack of hot air venting.
- The decreased useful life of your roof sheeting delaminates due to heat exhaustion from thermal cycling.